Friday 28 August 2009

Service resumed

Your Web drone is back from his around the world trip and the results, profiles and BAR pages should now be up to date. Let me know if you see any mistakes.

We were in New Zealand to see my sister Marie and her family. Marie is a former Ross club member and sends her best wishes.

The family live in Invercargill on South Island where the national indoor velodrome is situated. It's a great facility with lots of open access. The Junior World Chamionships will be held there in 2012. The photo shows Marie leading out my first attempt at riding the 45 degree banking. I later managed a flying 200m time which barely matched my speed for 25 miles on the road (not good).

Marie is riding the National Masters TT champs in a few weeks and her daughter, Jen, is aiming for the national youth road race championship. Here's hoping that they do well.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have you back.

    What was your time for the flying 200?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the welcome. I'm too embarrassed to tell anyone my time. In the 250m standing start I was well beaten by a 13 year old (amongst many others).

    ReplyDelete