Monday 3 October 2011

Vintage Tankard 2011



What can I say about the weather? That was one very hot morning, which produced sweat (not the ladies, they merely perspired) by the bucket load.






Grumpy the landlord, grumped about the number of cars, so we put a plan (sort of plan) to disperse them around the village into action.






A little friendly banter ensued before the start which was very calm, before turning into a tough little breeze for the tail end riders. Well done all that rode, the circuit has a little something for everyone, so I hope you all enjoyed at least one part of it if not all of it!












Thanks to Wobbly Bob Hill on Junction 1, everyone said you were very enthusiastic and did a fab job. John & Audrey on the Roundabout, with probably the happiest face on the day Bill Reay directing everyone at the pub junction. Thanks to my timekeepers for their efforts, especially to Sammie for the hard sums (I only found 4 mistakes on the split times…)! Thank you All!

There has to be a winner and this year it was the Ross. I did say to the team stay motivated and fit, so they did please me by doing as I said for a change. I was quite surprised as I had pencilled in a few of their scalps.








Ross is in Orange, Forest in Green and Phoenix in Mauve. Fastest laps are in Red, slowest in Blue. Congrats to Will, your pacing looks spot on with only 5 seconds difference total for all your laps.






Ross time 04:53:33

Forest time 05:14:50

Newport 05:41:08

The Hill climb is Sunday. Everyone welcome if you fancy your chances at a 500 metre sprint. You could just do what I do and just pretend to look fast over the first half till out of sight then blow up at leisure, just to make the hill climbers have to give it all. I know who my money’s on, but it should be very close. Anyone got a spare oxygen bottle handy for the finish?

Ross AGM is the 17th October, everyone should make the effort to be there, it’s your club, help shape it for the future. It’s also your chance to vote for The Riders Rider presented at the club prize giving on the 29th January so put that in your diary as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment