Tuesday 6 May 2014

Old Gore 1st May



A good cross section of riders out tonight. 

Jon Airey giving it some
Headwind out meant there was a slight push homeward, but not what I would call a fast night. Earl took gold winning quite comfortably, with me just scrapping in as the first Ross home. 

Taff's first outing on the race bike showed that winter of training and foreign training camp has had the desired effect. Next week (this week really) should be interesting. Oh the pain, one second was the difference between 2nd and third sooooo close, with Steve M having to settle with an uncharacteristic third spot. 

Surprise of the night (there was a few) was Steve Williams, Earls training plan must have paid off. Alan M. came home in sixth, not where I thought he would be, but another who will improve as the season goes on. It’s all about enjoying it, really!

Wobbly Bob had a good one, just scalping James, who in turn was going well – was it the battle royal with Steve W. that made the difference? 

I’ve kept wondering why I’d not seen Tom “The Power” Knight all these weeks. I now think I know the answer. Ever since I’ve known Tom he’s worn COB colours, this week as I was looking at Richard photo’s (thanks for that Rich), there was  Tom in Ross colours, and I must say looking very bright. He looked like one of us….

Gary D. slipped under the half hour with Nigel only just scrapping under.  I’m told he was worried about the slate of one of his tyres. Paul M. was just over the 30 so am sure he will be disappointed with that.

Bringing home the bacon was a surprise if ever there was a surprise. In a true neighbourly fashion, Jon A. beat Clive C., which think is a first that I can remember. I’m sure I’ll be corrected if I’m wrong. 

Thanks this week to Will for the timings; I think he’s secretly been enjoying the power and bribes. Bill for the turn long with Angie I think, and well thinking about it, might have been Will pushing off and Angie timing. Will know when I get the timesheets back.

Rider of the night was so difficult this week. Taffs first competitive ride and Steve Williams  improvement have both been awesome so I think on this occasion a joint rider of the night is in order.

This week looks its almost defiantly going to be an Old Gore 10 see you there!



1
Earl Smith
24:34
C-o-B’s
2
Paul Stephens
26:44

3
Mark Lavington
26:50

4
Steve Millard
26:51

5
Steve Williams
26:57
RDFCC
6
Alan Matthews
27:35
RDFCC
7
Robin Hill
27:43

8
James Wilson
27:46

9
Tom Knight
29:05

10
Gary Downs
29:31

11
Nigel Skyrme
29:57

12
Paul Middleton
30:26

13
Jon Airey
31:25

14
Clive Chappe
31:53

 

No comments:

Post a Comment