Saturday 20 July 2013

Old Gore 18/7/2013

For slow rides,The Missile puts on another clubs colour's



I’m back in the chair, No not forgotten about the results of the events of the last few weeks. It’s been very manic at work which has encroached on my time on here, then add in the open and a wedding (not mine), it’s all taken a chunk of my time. Talking of which, thanks to all the club members who helped Will & I out in some way for the open weekend. It appeared to go well, making a few coppers to keep clubs costs down and pay for things like the free BBq the other week!
 
Well, the boy come good, Young William moved the course record even further out of everyone’s grasp, in what for many were perfect conditions with several PB’s done. 

The Missile fresh from conquering Scotland & Hampshire made a personal appearance at the home team’s event, putting in what I consider a very fine effort for a man of his stature and shape. I can imagine him now going to look in the full length mirror wondering what I’m on about….

I just knew Jerry was up for the fight doing a ride right in the time zone I was expecting. He did look very pleased with himself afterwards, and possibly quite rightly so.


Jonny Webb appears to have found a little something over the last few weeks, with an even more pleased Taff a mere one second behind him for a Pb that made his day and had some quality scalps in the process. Millie had to watch the 2 pretenders knowing its just borrowed till next time as it was only five seconds. 

Put that tongue away!
Fresh from a mid-season rest, and with the god wheels in, Little Fallon put in a sterling time, with the 25 minute barrier only just in front to of him now, look out next week. As for me, numbers were good, the rest period in the middle seems to have been my downfall, look out next week, I'm going to try!

James has had a really good ride, the TT bike came out, the results are there to see, will assume The Spinner’s happy with that. Climb on Andy may have just knocked 2 seconds off his PB – would need to check properly to confirm that one. 

Hmmm, if there was a waggiest tail competition, then Sarah would have won that, bouncing around like Tigger once she’d seen her time. I have to admit, Sarah was reeling me in from Marcle straight to the foot of the climb. I did try to work out who it was as I approached the last climb. Another 10 miles, she’d have had me. 


Gazzer attended the rowing club afterwards with his head bowed, up on Sarah to the turn, the return not suiting his taller frame. Richie B had his first taste of OG, see if he returns to attempt to beat the course. Paul said his ride was a PB. The boy was still on a high from his open 10 result. Last home but also with a PB’ for the course was Jon Airey. Quoted after the event “racing 3 times a week’s making the difference to my times”. He was reminded these improvements in performance will affect his Handicap time later in the year.


Thanks this week to Paul Fallon & the Halls at the turn, Julie for timing, even if she was captain angry because people didn’t shout their number out over the line.

Marshal required for next week, let me know if you can do….

The Spinner feels the pain, or was it the pain feels the Spinner?
Rider of the night this week was extremely hard because so many of you moved your own envelopes on.  We had Turbo Will’s C.R., The Missile’s efforts, Jerry back on the money, Taff’s scalping PB, Humming bird legs Fallon, James’s turn around and Sarah’s waggy tail antics. In the end, and it was a very tough decision, we the adjudicators will name 2 riders of the night, Turbo Will & Taff Boy Lavington. 

Time change note the time for next week’s Old Gore and all the other events is back to 7:00PM

 




No comments:

Post a Comment